The experienced Physiotherapy team at the Stroke Unit is highly skilled in the management and rehabilitation of neurological conditions.
Our team understands that patients who have suffered a stroke require ongoing treatment to maintain improvement in the patient’s ability to perform the tasks needed for everyday life.
Everyone coming to the Unit for treatment is individually assessed and our physios work with the patient and their family to identify and achieve their goals.
How Can Our Specialist Physiotherapists Help?
- Coordination and balance re-training
- Functional activities promoting independence and participation in daily life
- Bespoke mobility and strength training to suit the patient’s needs
- Improving exercise tolerance
- Normalising muscle tone
- Trunk stability & strengthening
- Gait retraining
Services Available Include:
- Outpatient therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and language therapy
- Domiciliary therapy (home-based)
- Acute inpatient stroke therapy
- Stroke inpatient rehabilitation