Speech & Language Therapy
Patients may have problems communicating and/or swallowing following a stroke, which our team of Speech and Language Therapists provide help with, to enable patients to relearn these skills.
Early diagnosis is imperative; our therapists assess each case individually and decide on the most appropriate treatment and approach. Families are also involved in this therapy process to improve talking and understanding, as well as reading and writing if speech and communication has been affected by a stroke.
Speech & Language Therapy Can Help
- Assess your communication
- Assess any swallowing problems you may have
- Explain difficulties you are having with your speech
- Give advice and guidance
- Help you, your relatives, carers or friends in finding the best way of communicating with you
- Show you safe ways to eat and drink
- Develop an individual treatment plan