Speech & Language Therapy
Our speech and language therapy team support those with speech, language, communication, voice and swallowing difficulties after stroke. This includes rehabilitation of understanding, expressive language, as well as reading, writing and numeracy skills.
Dysphagia (swallowing difficulties) can be common post stroke. We provide full assessment and management advice to enable patients to safely return to oral intake through texture modification, safe swallow strategies and dysphagia therapy.
We offer goal orientated, patient centred, impairment therapy, based on up to date clinical evidence. We work in partnership with patients, families and the wider multidisciplinary team to enable effective rehabilitation.
Speech & Language Therapy Can Help
- Assess your communication
- Assess any swallowing problems you may have
- Explain difficulties you are having with your speech
- Give advice and guidance
- Help you, your relatives, carers or friends in finding the best way of communicating with you
- Show you safe ways to eat and drink
- Develop an individual treatment plan